Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Blue but Merry Christmas. And an alien.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

 ...cool blues.
     
      

Great!  But we can't leave it at that.  How about some soulful blues from Ray Charles?



Oh my god, yeah.  Get Albert King in here to add some good lovin' blues and now we're talkin!





Now all you have to do is take me to New Orleans...




Oh, one more thing.  You are a football fan, I'm not, but I understand that the Super Bowl must exist, I guess.  So if it must-- then why not the Saints there?  Every year.   




A very happy, peaceful and loving holiday, whatever your mood or persuasion.  Whether you worship Cthulhu, Jesus or Santa or no one. 


Have a comment about this post?  Please, be my guest.  Indulge yourself.  I would love to hear from you.  Click on “Comments” below.  Thanks!

Speaking of Santa...


[Blue Xmas:  Miles Davis Sextet.  Recorded August 21, 1962. 
Miles Davis (trumpet), Bob Dorough (vocal), Wayne Shorter (tenor sax), Frank Rehak (trombone), Paul Chambers (bass), Jimmy Cobb (drums), Willie Correa (congas, bongos).
Composed by Miles Davis and Bob Dorough.  Arranged by Gill Evans.]

[Merry Christmas, Baby:  Composed by Lou Baxter and Johnny Moore.  
Ray Charles recorded at Ettal Abbey, Ettal, Germany.  1979.]

[Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin':  Composed by Mack Rice.  Performed by Albert King.]

[Christmas Time in New Orleans:  Composed and performed by Louis Armstrong]

[All I Want is The Saints in the Super Bowl:  Composed and performed by Kermit Ruffins]

[I Want an Alien for Christmas:  Composed by Adam Schlesinger.  Performed by Fountains of Wayne.]


No comments:

Post a Comment